The warehouse delivery yard has goods that are received and dispatched. Unloading, moving and storing loads is a critical component of these activities.
The yard is usually a very busy area with delivery trucks and forklifts in operation. The safe movement around these vehicles is a key focus in this course.
The scene pays attention to the safety of workers who are walking in this area while deliveries are underway. Moving equipment and heavy vehicles present a number of risks to workers on foot in that they can move quickly and have line of sight limitations. This means that constant awareness is a critical safety measure when working around moving equipment.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn how to apply the Safety Hierarchy of Controls to address workplace hazards.
- Learn how to safely store waste in the delivery yard.
- Learn how to ensure line of sight of the driver during unloading activities.
- Understand that forklifts have a rated capacity and the load should not exceed that limit.
- Understand how to safely lift materials and use the correct manual handling technique.
- Learn how to safely store, label and secure materials in the delivery yard.
- Recognise slip and trip hazards and learn how to keep the area clean to reduce the risk of a fall.
- Learn that fire exit areas must be kept clear at all times including not blocking fire exits or propping open fire exit doors.
- Learn the hazards that leaving mobile equipment operating when the driver is not in the cabin.
- Understand the risk of ultraviolet exposure when working in the delivery yard.
- Learn about fire risks and emergency response.
- Learn about the hazards associated with loading and unloading hazardous materials and the importance of labelling of all materials and understanding what the products contain.
Course length: 30 mins (12 x 1-minute animated and subtitled videos + short answer assessments)
- Includes a panoramic scene and hazard spotting game
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English and French.