Over the last decade, organisations in all sectors have made huge strides in supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ+) employees and creating an inclusive workplace.
To support this group, you need to create a gender-neutral environment that is supportive and encouraging.
This course provides a guide on how to make your workplace more supportive of LQBTQ+ people in your workplace, by rewriting your policies to ensure inclusive benefits and making the language used in your recruiting processes more inclusive.
The training includes ways to educate your employees to ensure inclusivity and provides a list of do’s and don’ts to support employee disclosures around their gender preferences. The aim is to create psychologically safe spaces for all individuals.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the discrimination and harassment LGBTQ+ individuals can experience.
- Learn the responsibilities around creating psychologically safe workplaces that are inclusive and supportive.
- Explore the importance of company missions and developing policies using inclusive language.
- Learn to create hiring initiatives that encourage LGBTQ+ applicants.
- Learn how to develop peer support networks.
- Understand the importance of pronouns and not making assumptions about a person’s gender.
- Learn how to make LGBTQ+ people feel comfortable and the three things to avoid.
- Learn how to support people identifying and coming out as transgender.
Course length: 10 mins (7-minute animated and subtitled video + 7 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- Detailed Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.