In this toolbox session, we discuss the hazards to workers on foot working around powered mobile plant. We remind about the line of sight limitations and vision shadows. The session explains the need to establish an effective system of communication using two-way acknowledgement between mobile plant operators and ground workers, before any work starts. Finally, the course sets out what the mobile plant operator must do if approached by a ground worker.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn the importance of establishing plant operating exclusion zones.
- Understand that before work commences an effective system of communication using the two-way radio must be in place.
- Learn what the plant operator must do if a ground worker enters the plant operating exclusion zone.
Course length: 4 mins (2 – minute animated and subtitled video + 3 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
Available in English.
This course is suitable for use in Australia, the UK, Europe, the US, and all countries that adhere to OSHA and HSE requirements.