Isolating energy sources ensures that they are properly shut off, and not unexpectedly started up, before the completion of maintenance or servicing work.
This toolbox session provides training on the correct use of personal locks and safety tags. It discusses lockboxes and how to apply multiple locks to isolate moving parts when servicing equipment. This course is useful for employees performing maintenance activities. It encourages to STOP, ISOLATE & LOCK, TEST TRY and TAG before commencing work on any moving equipment and parts.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn to STOP, ISOLATE & LOCK, TEST TRY and TAG before working on machines or equipment.
- Learn about personal locks and who should apply and remove them.
- Understand how to use multiple locks to isolate equipment and machines.
- Learn about danger tags and how to use them.
Course length: 4 mins (3-minute animated and subtitled video + 3 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English, French and US Spanish.