Incidents and near-miss events should be investigated to establish a series of events that should have taken place and compare them to what actually occurred. The aim is to identify the root cause of the incident and areas that need improving, to prevent them from happening again.
This course provides a 6-step incident investigation process that includes:
- Immediate Action
- Plan the Investigation
- Data Collection
- Data Analysis
- Corrective Actions
- Reporting and Review.
The course also details the 5 Whys investigation method, as an example of a simple tool to identify and analyse the root cause of the incident.
At the completion of this course, learners will:
- Learn a 6-step incident investigation process.
- Understand that the investigation starts immediately after the incident occurs.
- Learn how to plan the incident investigation.
- Learn what data to collect during the investigation.
- Learn how to determine the root cause of the incident.
- Learn the 5 Whys Incident Investigation method.
- Understand how to assign corrective actions.
- Understand the importance of communicating and reporting the findings of the incident investigation to prevent it from reoccurring.
Course length: 10 mins (7-minute animated and subtitled video + 4 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of Completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.
This course is suitable for use in Australia, the UK, Europe, the US, and all countries that adhere to OSHA and HSE requirements.