Whether they know it or not, all managers and supervisors will manage employees with personal problems or mental ill-health, and this can be a tricky area to navigate. Each employee comes with unique backgrounds, relationships and health needs that may impact them at work.
Personal issues can range from massive life changes, such as the death of a parent, to daily challenges such as having a sick child at home. Similarly, mental health needs, to manage conditions of depression and anxiety, for example, can fluctuate during the year.
This course is a summary of Mental Health First Aid Training. It provides guidelines on the most appropriate response when an employee approaches their manager or supervisor for help with their mental health. The training asks supervisors and managers to also set up appropriate personal boundaries to protect the privacy of their employees and their own mental health.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand that employees have unique backgrounds and that some suffer from mental ill-health.
- Learn how to set healthy personal boundaries.
- Understand the importance of maintaining good self-care strategies.
- Learn the appropriate actions to take to support people who approach them for help with mental health concerns.
- Maintain respect, confidentiality and privacy when organising support for employees who need help.
Course length: 5 mins (5-minute animated and subtitled video)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.