Fires in your workplace are one of the most dangerous emergencies. It is critical that your people know how to use emergency equipment such as fire extinguishers and that they select the right one for the class of fire. They should only put out a fire if it’s safe to do so.
This course trains about the six classes of fire and the correct types of fire extinguishers to use. It also demonstrates how to correctly use a fire extinguisher, along with eight tips to do to safely put out a fire. And, how to use a fire blanket.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn when to use a fire extinguisher to put out a fire.
- Understand which fire extinguisher to use according to the 6 classes of fire.
- Learn the fire extinguishers to use to put out fires from wood, paper or fabric.
- Learn the fire extinguishers to use to put out flammable liquid fires.
- Learn the fire extinguisher to use to put out flammable gas and chemical fires.
- Learn the fire extinguishers to use to put out an electrical fire.
- Learn the fire extinguisher to use to put out a fire from cooking oils.
- Learn the PASS technique to use a fire extinguisher.
- Understand what you shouldn’t do when using a fire extinguisher.
- Learn how to safely use a fire blanket.
Course length: 9 mins (6-minute animated and subtitled video + 14 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English, French and US Spanish.