Underperformance, or poor performance, is when an employee isn’t doing their job properly or is behaving unacceptably at work.
This course trains on how to manage underperformance to encourage people to meet the company’s expectations. The discipline process should be always guided by your company’s policies. The course guides on communication and feedback skills, to keep them positive where possible. It discusses issuing formal warnings, and what to do if the employee continues to underperform and their behaviour leads to dismissal.
At the completion of this course, learners will:
- Understand what constitutes underperformance.
- Learn how to explain the company’s expectations and their own to the employees they manage and the consequences of negative behaviour.
- Understand the importance of providing just, fair and equal treatment to all your employees.
- Learn how to provide positive feedback to determine the reasons behind their behaviour and guide improvements.
- Learn how to arrange follow-up meetings to track and manage performance.
- Understand when to issue a formal warning.
- Understand the employment termination process.
Course length: 8 mins (7-minute animated and subtitled video + 4 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of Completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.