You may be working in an international or multicultural environment. All cultures have customs, values, and codes of behaviour that are important.
Cultural awareness means being aware of, and developing sensitivity to, cultural differences and cultural diversity. It involves knowledge, attitudes and values that demonstrate openness and respect for other people and other cultures, languages, religions, dress, communication styles, and so on.
This course introduces the cultural differences that may be present in a diverse workplace including differences in food, dress codes and communication. It discusses cultural heritage, beliefs, and trauma of people who may have fled their home countries.
The training provides practical examples of how to improve communication skills when working with people from other cultures.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the differences between people from different countries and cultures.
- Understand the importance people from other cultures place on their heritage.
- Learn how to improve their communication when they work with people from other cultures.
- Learn how to improve their communication skills when working with people from other cultures.
- Learn how to respectfully check for understanding in all communications.
Course length: 12 mins (9-minute animated and subtitled video + 5 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.