This toolbox session explains the fire and explosion risk of chemicals when they react with other substances. It emphasises the importance of understanding the risks of using chemicals that are incompatible with each other.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn that fires and explosions can occur as a result of chemical reactions.
- Learn that flammable chemicals present a high fire-risk.
- Understand that hot work should not be undertaken in areas where flammable or combustible chemicals are present.
- Understand that incompatible chemicals when used together can cause uncontrolled violent reactions.
Course length: 3 mins (1 – minute animated and subtitled video + 2 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
Available in English.
This course is suitable for use in Australia, the UK, Europe, the US, and all countries that adhere to OSHA and HSE requirements.