Workplaces have people from diverse backgrounds and experiences with different levels of communication skills. Because of this, conflicts such as personality clashes, gossip and competition can cause tension. Personality differences are common in workplaces and can show up when working closely with others.
This course looks at the conflict that can occur when people are working together in teams and groups and the strategies that can be used to accommodate different work styles and expectations. It emphasises the need to resolve issues quickly before they escalate. The training offers methods to reduce and resolve conflicts that arise when people and teams work together.
The training looks at the issues of disclosing personal information with work colleagues and how that can backfire when working closely as a team and result in office gossip. Gossiping can damage reputations and create a toxic workplace culture. Communicating about different work styles, developing a project plan and talking about the project outcomes can help to reduce conflict and increase success.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn emotional intelligence strategies and how to manage their own emotional response when managing conflict.
- Learn how to use phrases that reduce the tension during a conflict.
- Learn how to find common ground between the conflicting parties.
- Use active listening skills to clarify the reason for the disagreement.
- Learn how to express empathy for each party involved in the conflict.
- Learn how to seek a resolution and draw on the team to seek alternatives to reduce or remove the source of conflict.
Course length: 6 mins (6-minute animated and subtitled video)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript
- Teaches coping strategies and recommends where to seek help
- Uses storytelling and follows a character’s experiences
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English and French.