Increased workload and commitments can lead to an increase in stress levels that can result in feeling burnt out. This course looks at the impact of increased workloads after an organisation restructure.
The course highlights the difficulties of managing multiple projects and the conflict created for employees trying to perform their job well. Workers learn about burnout and stress management and are provided with coping strategies that they can use to reduce their stress immediately.
Allowing stress to build up has long-term detrimental effects on health and well-being. It is important to manage new work expectations in light of current workloads and abilities. It is also important to speak up when the load becomes overwhelming.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand that changes at work can affect mental health.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of stress and the effect high-stress can have on mental health.
- Learn about the 5 stages of burnout.
- Understand the symptoms of each of the 5 stages of burnout and how to make necessary changes.
- Learn how high-stress, change and overloaded work requirements can lead to burnout.
- Learn some strategies to use to renegotiate workloads to reduce stress levels.
Course length: 11 mins (11-minute animated and subtitled video)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript
- Teaches coping strategies and recommends where to seek help
- Uses storytelling and follows a character’s experiences
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.