Working from home presents several challenges to being as productive as usual. It can also be difficult to create boundaries between work and home life and may seem more isolating compared to working in a busy office. This trend is increasing in many new working arrangements.
This course provides strategies employees can use to keep their productivity up, have a healthy work-life balance, and nurture your work relationships while working from home. The course looks at setting up daily routines and boundaries to provide separation from home activities and to nurture concentration to complete work.
The training recognises that working from home can be isolating for employees who are used to busy and social work environments and promotes the need to stay in contact with workmates using technology. The focus is on keeping employees connected so that their mood remains buoyant to reduce loneliness and depressive thoughts.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the challenges working from home can have on their mental health and the need to create boundaries between work and personal activities.
- Learn that working from home may seem more isolating than working in the workplace.
- Understand the importance of setting up a dedicated workspace at home.
- Recognise that working from home can lead to extended work hours.
- Understand the importance of speaking up and contributing to online meetings to encourage engagement and increase social support.
Course length: 5 mins (5-minute animated and subtitled video)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Teaches coping strategies and recommends where to seek help
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.