It is a challenge for workers who are working away and missing important events which is typical for those on fly-in/fly-out (FIFO) rosters.
The course looks at the difficulty faced by FIFO workers on swings away from home when they miss key family events such as Christmas, birthdays, and anniversaries. These types of working rosters are often a trade-off between the salaries that they provide and family activities.
Missing key events can place a strain on personal relationships and workers need to learn how to negotiate around the issues. The course provides key suggestions and coping strategies to help workers through these conflicts and to manage the stress of working away.
Course length: 3 mins (3 mins video)
- Certificate of completion
- All content can be customised
- Teaches coping strategies and recommends where to seek help
- Uses storytelling and follows a character’s experiences
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript