Unexpected sources of stress at work can come from working with irrational or overly emotional team members. As a manager or supervisor, their ability to manage their emotional responses and those of other people is vital for keeping stress levels low and performance levels high.
The course looks at strategies to increase managers emotional intelligence levels including being aware of their own thoughts and feelings, avoiding negative self-talk, establishing boundaries, setting time limits when listening to others, and rising above problematic situations.
The training reinforces the need to maintain proper professional boundaries. These include being careful about disclosing personal information, not criticising other team members or the organisation and using good time management.
Course length: 3 mins (3 mins video)
- Certificate of completion
- All content can be customised
- Teaches coping strategies and recommends where to seek help
- Uses storytelling and follows a character’s experiences
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript