For food storage and logistics companies, there are several food safety practices to ensure that food is stored and handled in a way that keeps it safe and suitable.
This course trains about keeping the warehouse clean, monitoring personal hygiene, controlling pests, ensuring packaging is intact, managing allergen cross-contact, and storing hazardous materials separately.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the need to keep the warehouse clean.
- Recognise that personal hygiene is important to prevent contamination of food products and transferal of disease.
- Learn how to effectively wash their hands and when and how often they should wash them.
- Learn how to dispose of food waste and rubbish to prevent contamination of warehouse stock.
- Learn how to safely store frozen food, refrigerated food, raw meat and seafood, and food that contains allergens.
- Learn about the pests that can contaminate food stored in a warehouse and how to manage any pest infestations.
- Understand the procedure of reporting when they feel unwell and when they can safely return to work as a food handler.
Course length: 12 mins (8-minute animated and subtitled video + 10 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.