It is a challenge for fly-in/fly-out workers who transition to home after a FIFO swing to fit back into the family routine. For workers on FIFO rosters managing family expectations and fatigue can be an issue.
This course looks at the stress of returning back into the family unit after a long swing of working away. It draws on issues of readjustment and the effects of the transition on both partners and children in the family unit.
Workers learn about positive coping strategies that they may draw on to understand and reduce the strain of re-integrating back into the home environment after a long swing working away.
Course length: 3 mins (3 mins video)
- Certificate of completion
- All content can be customised
- Teaches coping strategies and recommends where to seek help
- Uses storytelling and follows a character’s experiences
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript