The main role of the Supervisor is to ensure that the workgroup achieves the expected results. Supervisors are responsible for the results of the people they supervise and they can be judged by their organization for the success of their team. Supervising means getting involved and understanding the day-to-day operation firsthand. It means knowing your people as individuals and being known by them.
This course discusses the importance of open communication channels, the importance of clear directions, monitoring the team’s performance, and the responsibilities of supervisors to set up the best possible conditions for their team to work under.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn how to develop open channels of communication with their team and those they report to.
- Understand that their team must know the exact results that they expect from them.
- Learn how to communicate the objectives of their workgroup, their specific job and the tasks they must perform.
- Learn how to explain the priority of the tasks, the quality and quantity of standards that apply to the work, the result of these tasks, and the deadlines, time frames or close-offs that apply.
- Learn how to give clear directions.
- Understand the importance of giving the team a chance to develop by providing challenges.
- Understand the importance of feedback.
- Understand the importance of monitoring and measurement of work performance.
Course length: 8 mins (6-minute animated and subtitled video + 5 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English, French and Spanish.