You may have noticed some changes in a staff member’s behaviour, appearance or performance and you may suspect that it’s due to a decline in their mental health. You may be thinking of speaking to them about your concerns, but you don’t know how to start the conversation.
This course explains what you should avoid doing and saying when you suspect one of your people is having difficulties with their mental health. It then describes how to ask exploratory questions and provides helpful examples. The training discusses listening skills and reading non-verbal cues. The course recommends support or information that the person needs right now.
Course length: 5 mins (5 mins video)
- Certificate of completion
- All content can be customised
- Teaches coping strategies and recommends where to seek help
- Uses storytelling and follows a character’s experiences
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript