This course describes what is meant by social media and discusses acceptable and unacceptable use in the workplace.
It details examples of acceptable and unacceptable content when using social media platforms and encourages workers to seek advice and permission from their managers.
The course also guides on what to do if harassed or bullied online.
At the completion of this course, learners will:
- Learn what is meant by the term “social media”.
- Learn about the guidelines for acceptable use of social media to avoid negative effects on their company’s image and reputation.
- Understand that if they are identified as working for their company, their views must be clearly identified as their own and not of their company.
- Learn what is prohibited social media conduct as an employee.
- Understand that they must not share confidential information on social media.
- Learn how to respond to and report inappropriate online behaviour.
- Understand that they get appropriate permission before you refer to or post images or comments about current or former workers, members, vendors, or suppliers.
- Learn that personal social media should not be accessed while at work.
Course length: 8 mins (6-minute animated and subtitled video + 6 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of Completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.