Managing a team or group of workers can be a challenge, especially when you are watching out for changes in their mental health. The main types of concerns are anxiety, depression, suicidal behaviours, stress, psychosis and substance misuse.
This course details the signs and symptoms of these critical areas to help guide supervisors, managers and work colleagues on what to look for when working with others. The training gives examples of signs and symptoms as well as strategies, exercises and activities that they can use to relieve symptoms.
The training advises when symptoms should be referred to for professional help. The course encourages managers, supervisors and employees to understand their workplace policies and know the contact details of their EAP so they can immediately share them if they need to support a fellow worker.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn the signs and symptoms of anxiety and anxious thoughts.
- Learn the signs and symptoms of depression and depressive thoughts.
- Learn how to recognise suicidal thoughts and behaviours.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of stress and the effect high stress can have on mental health.
- Understand the signs of psychosis and how to assist people experiencing these symptoms.
- Learn the behavioural signs of people misusing substances like alcohol and drugs.
- Learn how to provide support for employees who are experiencing challenges with their mental health.
Course length: 5 mins (5-minute animated and subtitled video)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.