Ensuring scaffolding is effective when working on the upper floors in high-rise construction is important to guard against serious falls from height. Scaffolding on the top floor does more than assist workers to access areas above floor height; it provides critical edge protection.
This course trains on the requirements of erecting and maintaining fixed scaffold including edge protection, railings, floor panels and fixings. It educates around safe access and egress to prevent falls from height.
This training discusses scaffold load restrictions, signage and maintenance processes. Scaff tags and their use are included in this course.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn how to apply the Safety Hierarchy of Controls to address workplace hazards.
- Learn how to safely pass materials from one level to another.
- Learn how to safely position a ladder on the scaffold.
- Learn the importance of using self-closing gates on scaffolds.
- Understand the importance of maintaining step ladders to ensure they are safe to use.
- Learn the risk of operating powered mobile plant close to a scaffold.
- Learn about the risks associated with gaps in scaffold decks.
- Understand the need to provide clear and unobstructed access to scaffold stairways.
- Learn when to install handrails, mid-rails, toeboards and mesh.
- Understand the importance of signage and barriers to cordon off unsafe scaffolded areas.
- Understand the importance of maintaining a scaffold and the information that should be included on a scaff-tag.
Course length: 30 mins (10 x 2-minute animated and subtitled videos + short answer assessments)
- Includes a panoramic scene and hazard spotting game
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.