Safe scaffold erection ensures that a stable and secure platform is made available for workers to access areas above ground level. Scaffold platforms are a safer alternative than using a ladder when workers need to work at height.
This course looks in detail at the safety features of mobile scaffold to address some of the shortcuts that can be taken when erecting this equipment. It is especially important that scaffold frames are constructed using matching components.
Rails and panels should be regularly checked for corrosion and stability and tagged out of service and not used if faulty or unstable. This training educates on edge protection and safe construction of fixed scaffolds and mobile scaffolds.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn how to apply the Safety Hierarchy of Controls to address workplace hazards.
- Understand the need to provide clear and unobstructed access to scaffold stairways.
- Learn how to safely use a mobile scaffold and the importance of bracing.
- Learn when to install handrails, mid-rails, toeboards and mesh and how to ensure there are no large gaps in the edge protection.
- Learn about the load restrictions for light-duty, medium-duty and heavy-duty scaffolds.
- Understand the hazards associated when erecting scaffolds close to overhead powerlines.
- Learn about the importance of checking the ground conditions before erecting the scaffold.
Course length: 30 mins (8 x 2-minute animated and subtitled videos + short answer assessments)
- Includes a panoramic scene and hazard spotting game
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.