A safety culture is an organisational culture that places a high level of importance on safety beliefs, values and attitudes.
This course describes what safety culture is and nine areas that you can work on. It discusses communication of company values, demonstrating leadership and giving clear expectations on behaviours. It trains how to personalise safety outcomes, develop positive safety attitudes across your workforce, foster a just culture, and review and monitor your actions. The training discusses responsibilities and accountabilities, how to increase hazard awareness, and the role of a safety management system.
At the completion of this course, learners will:
- Learn what a safety culture is.
- Learn how to effectively communicate the company’s safety values and safe behaviours.
- Understand the importance of leading from the top to promote a culture of safety.
- Learn how to personalise safety outcomes to provide real examples of the impact of injury and illness.
- Learn how to develop positive safety values, beliefs and attitudes.
- Understand the benefit of developing good relationships with managers and employees to support their safety culture.
- Understand what is meant by a just culture and its role as part of a safety culture.
Course length: 10 mins (8-minute animated and subtitled video + 6 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of Completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English
This course is suitable for use in Australia, the UK, Europe, the US, and all countries that adhere to OSHA and HSE requirements.