Working at height exposes workers to fall risks. Falls at work can lead to serious injuries and fatalities and it is critical that employees understand the limitations of height equipment and the safe practices they should use while working at height.
This module looks at typical fall risks and trains how to work safely at height. Fall arrest equipment, harnesses, barricades and railing are all discussed to ensure workers know how to protect themselves from fall from height risks.
This module would suit any industry setting that requires employees to work at height using height equipment. The training focuses on working at height from elevated work platforms, scaffolds, mobile platforms and ladders.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn how to safely work from an elevated work platform.
- Learn how to safely work off a mobile scaffold.
- Understand the best edge protection for scaffolding.
- Learn how to safely work off a ladder.
- Understand the role of fall arrest equipment.
- Learn about scaffold load restrictions.
- Learn how to prevent falling from one level to another.
- Learn how to safely access and egress from height equipment.
- Learn how to secure tools and materials to prevent them from falling to the level(s) below.
Course length: 30 mins (9 x 1-minute animated and subtitled videos + short answer assessments)
- Includes a panoramic scene and hazard-spotting game
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.
This course is suitable for use in Australia, the UK, Europe, the US, and all countries that adhere to OSHA and HSE requirements.