This toolbox session describes how to safely operate a crane including assessing ground and wind conditions, driving at a reasonable speed, carrying the load at the minimum boom length, and adhering to exclusion zones.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the importance of planning the travel pathway by inspecting ground conditions.
- Understand the need to operate the crane according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Learn to consider wind loading and articulation when calculating the weight of the load.
- Learn to operate the crane at a speed that is suitable for the Dogger and that the Dogger must remain in sight of the crane operator at all times.
- Understand the need to operate the crane in the established exclusion zones.
Course length: 3 mins (2 – minute animated and subtitled video + 4 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
Available in English.
This course is suitable for use in Australia, the UK, Europe, the US, and all countries that adhere to OSHA and HSE requirements.