This course explains how violence and aggressive behaviour can occur in the workplace and the role of the supervisor, manager or leader in managing the risk. It provides strategies to reduce the triggers for violent and aggressive behaviour, and how to encourage the confidential reporting of violent and aggressive incidents. The course trains about how to respond to incidents and review risk management systems to reduce the risk of violence in the future.
At the completion of this course, learners will:
- Learn how to respond to violent and aggressive behaviour incidents.
- Learn how to manage the risk of violent and aggressive behaviours between all levels of workers, customers and supply chain partners.
- Learn how to encourage their workers to report violent and aggressive behaviour incidents.
- Learn how to effectively respond to violence.
- Understand the types of training all workers should have in the event of a violent incident.
- Learn how to review their risk management systems to address factors that may have increased the risk of violent and aggressive behaviour.
- Learn what to look for when investigating an incident.
- Understand the importance of keeping responses to incidents confidential and private.
Course length: 9 mins (7-minute animated and subtitled video + 6 short answer Q&A assessment)
- Certificate of Completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.
This course is suitable for use in Australia.