As a Manager or Leader, there will be times when you have conflict within your team or between yourself and another colleague. When you are dealing with conflict it is important to remember that each person believes that their position is the correct one. Conflict resolution is not determining who is right or wrong or taking a “black or white” position. It is helping all parties to have empathy for the other to try to reach a mutually agreeable solution. Great conflict resolution results in a “win-win” for all parties.
This course looks at conflict resolution where we start with looking for common ground where all parties agree. From there, we investigate the reason for the disagreement and how to come up with a workable solution and the responsibilities each party has in resolving the conflict.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn the steps to resolve conflict in the workplace.
- learn how to find the common ground between all parties as a starting place.
- Learn how to clarify the reason for the disagreement to gain an understanding of each person’s point of view.
- Learn the phrases to use to express empathy.
- Learn how to prioritise the most important pieces of the issue to begin to solve the problem.
- Determine the responsibilities each party has in resolving the conflict.
Course length: 6 mins (4-minute animated and subtitled video + 4 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.