Drone technology is being used regularly in workplaces.
This course provides an overview of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulations for operating drones that weigh less than 2kg. The training explains that drones that weigh less than 2kg can be operated in what is called the ‘excluded category’ and can be used under the Standard Operating Conditions.
In this training, the Standard Operating Conditions are explained to advise what is, and is not, permitted to safely operate a drone in your workplace.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the CASA regulations to operate drones in the workplace and when you need to be registered.
- The licensing requirements for drones weighing under 2kg.
- Learn about the drone standard operating conditions, and what is permitted.
- Understand the need to keep the operating drone in a visual line of light.
- Learn about the height limits and distance from people when operating a lightweight drone.
- Learn about the requirements to operate drones that weigh over 2kg and when you need a Remote Pilot Licence.
Course length: 12 mins (8-minute animated and subtitled video + 6 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- Detailed Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.