Excavation work is high-risk work and requires a Permit to Work before you can start work.
Excavation work requiring a permit is separated into two categories: Major or Minor excavations.
This course discusses the differences between minor and major excavations in light of how to complete the Excavation Permit to Work form.
The training takes you through each section of a generic Permit Form and explains how to complete it including Dial Before You Dig requirements.
At the completion of this course, learners will:
- Understand the difference between minor and major excavations and when a permit to work is required.
- Learn about the Dial Before You Dig Requirements of excavation work.
Learners will learn how to fill in a Permit to Work Form, including:
- Project details, a summary of services, location, and relevant SWMS.
- The risk controls that will be installed.
- Information about shoring and shielding and engagement of a Geotechnical Engineer.
- The planned arrangements for safe access.
- How you will manage the risk of a person falling into the excavation.
- Sign off and expiry date, and permit issue.
- Details about the cancellation or expiry of the permit when the work is finished or if it has changed.
Course length: 12 mins (8-minute animated and subtitled video + 7 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.