The construction environment is often busy and congested, and people and plant exclusion zones are a serious issue. Plant operating zones around powered mobile plant in operation present blind spots and vision shadows.
When mobile equipment in operation is placed together with workers on foot there is a need for adequate and safe separation to ensure that a worker does not come into contact with plant in operation or place themselves under a suspended load.
This course places a focus on the safety of workers in a construction scene at ground works stage navigating around moving equipment and overhead loads. The training includes information about pinch points and suspended loads. Barricading requirements and clear communication are trained to ensure that workers do not place themselves under a suspended load.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn how to apply the Safety Hierarchy of Controls to address workplace hazards.
- Learn how to establish exclusion zones to separate powered mobile plant in operation from people.
- Learn how to establish and maintain sufficient plant operating zones between powered mobile plant.
- Learn about crushing risk hazards when working around powered mobile plant and fixed equipment.
- Understand the risks of working under or too close to a suspended load.
- Learn about the hazards when refuelling powered mobile plant.
- Understand that riding outside the cab of powered mobile plant is highly hazardous and that eah piece of plant is licensed to carry passengers as per the number of available seat restraints.
- Learn about distraction and inattention and the restricted use of mobile phones when working on a live construction site.
- Understand the risks of machine rollover when operating on a slope or difficult terrain.
- Learn about the emergency stop button on powered mobile plant.
- Learn about hearing protection PPE.
Course length: 30 mins (10 x 1-minute animated and subtitled videos + short answer assessments)
- Includes a panoramic scene and hazard spotting game
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.