Working in an office may not seem overly hazardous, but this environment contains areas that can pose a genuine risk of having a workplace injury. The office can be busy and noisy, and workers can be easily distracted and not see or know how to address hazards.
This course has a focus on general office safety, ergonomics, personal wellbeing, and health. Workers are trained around key office hazards to ensure that they are not at risk of a workplace injury. They learn about responsibilities and expectations when working in an office.
This training also covers workplace conflict and worker hygiene to help to address issues of staff working together in the close confines of a busy and active office environment.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn how to apply the Safety Hierarchy of Controls to address workplace hazards.
- Understand the electrical hazards present in the office environment and that equipment should be regularly tested and tagged.
- Learn how to safely lift materials and use the correct manual handling lifting techniques.
- Learn about slip and trip hazards and how to clean up spills and wear slip-resistant footwear to prevent a fall.
- Learn the risk of a fall from height when standing on chairs and desks to access materials at height.
- Learn about the importance of setting up the workstation ergonomically to prevent musculoskeletal disorders.
- Learn the need to have adequate lighting that is neither too low nor producing glare.
- Learn about good housekeeping practices including separating and disposing of waste.
- Learn how to respond to a fire or major emergency and how to evacuate the office.
- Recognise fatigue symptoms and how to manage fatigue.
- Understand the importance of maintaining personal hygiene to prevent the transfer of illness.
- Learn how to maintain an work environment that is free from conflict, bullying and harassment.
Course length: 30 mins (11 x 1-minute animated and subtitled videos + short answer assessments)
- Includes a panoramic scene and hazard spotting game
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.