This course explains what is meant by violent and aggressive behaviour. It outlines the employee’s responsibility if they are involved in a violent or aggressive incident and explains what they should do during the incident and afterwards.
At the completion of this course, learners will:
- Learn what is meant by workplace violence and aggression.
- Understand their duty to report violent and aggressive behaviour.
- Learn how to respond to an incident.
- Learn verbal de-escalation and distraction techniques to calm the aggressive or violent person.
- Learn when to seek help from others during an incident.
- Understand what to do after involvement in a violent or aggressive incident at work.
- Learn how to protect their mental health after an incident.
Course length: 8 mins (6-minute animated and subtitled video + 5 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.
This course is suitable for use in Australia.