Mining processing involves workers interacting with conveyor belts and significant pinch point and entrapment hazards. Ore and materials are off-loaded, sorted and refined. Although much of this work is automated workers are still required to conduct maintenance work to keep belts and rollers functioning.
This course trains about pinch points and guarding with a focus on addressing hand injuries and coming into contact with moving parts. Isolation procedures reinforce the importance of ‘testing for dead’ before any work is undertaken.
This course trains on the safety of workers navigating around moving equipment and overhead loads. Barricading requirements and clear communication are trained to ensure that workers do not place themselves under a suspended load.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn how to apply the Safety Hierarchy of Controls to address workplace hazards.
- Learn about crushing and pinch points and the importance of guarding.
- Understand how to prevent line of fire risks.
- Learn the importance of a safe lifting plan, barricading and signage when operating mobile cranes.
- Learn about the hazards of running over electric power leads with vehicle and equipment tyres.
- Understand that they must never walk or work under a suspended load.
- Understand working at heights risks to avoid falls from height.
- Understand the importance of wearing personal protective equipment when working in mining areas.
- Learn how to safely store and transport gas bottles.
- Learn about dust hazards and activities to suppress dust.
- Understand the hazards of inattention and distraction.
- Learn about the hazards when working in a confined space and the need for specific training and continued monitoring while in the space.
- Understand that infrastructure can deteriorate and fail and require regular inspection and maintenance.
Course length: 30 mins (12 x 1-minute animated and subtitled videos + short answer assessments)
- Includes a panoramic scene and hazard spotting game
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.