While at work there will be times when your employees need to perform manual handling activities. Workers may need to select materials for use and storage that can place strain on their necks and shoulders and lower limbs.
Sustained overreaching and poor postures can lead to long term back, neck and shoulder injuries. This training discusses safe manual handling and repetitive tasks such as handling materials, heavy, bulky and awkwardly shaped items, safe storage, working from ladders and platforms, slips and trips, physical and mental fatigue and working in hot and cold conditions.
This course would suit any workplace where manual handling occurs and can be used as a regular refresher to ensure workers remain competent.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn how to apply the Safety Hierarchy of Controls to address workplace hazards.
- Learn how to safely lift an object.
- Learn how to safely handle overweight materials.
- Learn how to access materials at height and how to safely store heavy materials.
- Understand the importance of regular housekeeping when manually handling materials.
- Understand the additional risks slip and trip hazards create when manually handling materials.
- Understand the impact of working in extremely hot or cold conditions can have on the body when manually handling materials.
- Learn about physical and mental fatigue and how body stressing can lead to manual handling injuries.
- Understand the importance of wearing personal protective equipment such as gloves when handling materials.
Course length: 30 mins (8 x 2-minute animated and subtitled videos + short answer assessments)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English and French.