This course describes the hazards associated with performing hot works such as welding, grinding, cutting and soldering. It provides information on control measures to eliminate or reduce the risks including wearing PPE, and making the work area safe, by erecting screens, displaying signage and restricting entry into designated hot work areas.
At the completion of this course, learners will:
- Understand the types of injuries, illness or fatalities as a result of perfroming hot works in a hazardous way.
- Understand the critical need to wear the correct personal protective equipment when undertaking hot works
- Learn how to make the area safe by erecting screens, signage to warn others and ensure the area is well-ventilated.
Course length: 3 mins (1 – minute animated and subtitled video + 3 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
Available in English.
This course is suitable for use in Australia, the UK, Europe, the US, and all countries that adhere to OSHA and HSE requirements.