When working from home it’s very important to set up the work station so that it is ergonomically friendly and doesn’t place a strain on our body. Poorly set-up workspaces place stress on our joints, especially if working from a kitchen bench, dining chair, bed or couch.
This course trains step-by-step how to set up a desk, monitor, keyboard and mouse, chair and footrest to provide ergonomically friendly workspaces at home. The course provides measurements of how to place equipment, discusses lighting requirements and taking regular breaks to stretch and reduce sitting time.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the importance of setting up an ergonomically safe workstation.
- Learn how to ensure their joints are aligned while sitting at the workstation.
- Learn how to set up a desk, chair, monitor and keyboard ergonomically.
- Learn how to reduce eye strain while working at the computer.
- Understand the I’m[portance to regular move around and stretch and not sit for long periods of time.
- Learn what to do if they don’t have ergonomically safe equipment to use when working from home.
Course length: 8 mins (6-minute animated and subtitled video + 5 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.