Leaders, Managers and Supervisors need to take reasonable steps to gain an understanding of the psychosocial hazards and risks associated with the operations of the business. They need to ensure the business has and uses appropriate resources and processes to eliminate or minimize risks to psychological health.
This course begins with a look at physical health and programs and steps you can take. From there it explores psychological health in light of legislative requirements. It explores the common mental health concerns to look out for including signs of anxiety, depression, suicidal behaviours, stress, psychosis and substance misuse and strategies to use to support employees.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn about the signs and anxiety, depression, suicidal behaviours, stress, psychosis and substance misuse.
- Understand how to develop a mentally healthy workplace.
- Learn the importance of having well-being and anti-bullying policies and stress management procedures.
- Understand the need for access to an Employee Assistance Program to support mental health.
- Learn the actions they can take to support good mental health in their workplace.
- Learn how to respond if an employee approaches them for help with their mental health concerns.
Course length: 8 mins (6-minute animated and subtitled video + 3 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.