All workplaces are required to adhere to the Health and Safety Legislation, Act and Regulations. Leaders, Managers and Supervisors must understand the duties of your organisation and their responsibilities in managing risks to provide a safe workplace. A breach of the duty of care responsibilities attracts substantial fines and possible jail time. There is also the loss of reputation and the risk of limited future contracts when a serious breach occurs.
This course discusses the legislative requirements, identifying hazards and risks, determining the likelihood of harm, and selecting practical control measures. The course introduces a risk matrix to help to determine the severity and likelihood to assess risk and the hierarchy of controls.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand their work health and safety obligations.
- Learn about how to determine what is reasonably practicable when managing workplace risk.
- Understand the due diligence responsibilities of Officers.
- Learn what a hazard, a risk and risk control are.
- Learn about the requirements to consult with employees on how to manage hazards in the workplace.
- Learn about likelihood and probability when assessing the risk of exposure to hazards and how to use a risk matrix.
- Learn about the safety hierarchy of controls.
Course length: 10 mins (8-minute animated and subtitled video + 5 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English and French.