Hazard identification and understanding how to spot hazards are critical to keeping people safe in your organisation.
This course describes what a hazard is and what is meant by hazard identification. It explains when hazard identification tasks should be done and provides examples of the types of hazards that your people could come into contact with while at work.
The course also explains hidden hazards and what to look out for. It encourages your people to research these hazards and provides examples of where to source that information.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the definition of a hazard.
- Understand the goal of hazard identification activities and when they should occur and the questions to ask.
- Familiarise themselves with the types of hazards they could come in contact with while at work.
- Understand the hazards of coming into contact with moving machinery.
- Learn about working at height and slips, trips and fall hazards.
- Understand manual handling hazards.
- Learn about hidden and emerging hazards.
- Learn where to find more information about hazards in their workplace.
Course length: 12 mins (8-minute animated and subtitled video + 9 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English, Spanish and French.