This toolbox session trains on how to adopt a good posture and foot placement when hand excavating using a shovel. It recommends using ergonomic bent-handle shovels, wearing back support and rotating tasks every 15 minutes.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn the type of shovel to use when digging and shovelling to reduce body stressing.
- Learn how to hand-dig a trench or hole and avoid manual handling injuries.
- Understand the safe manual handling postures to use.
Course length: 3 mins (1 – minute animated and subtitled video + 3 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
Available in English.
This course is suitable for use in Australia, the UK, Europe, the US, and all countries that adhere to OSHA and HSE requirements.