The temptation of easy money, the thrill of a bet and entertainment around casinos and pokies, pulls many people into gambling and can lead to gambling addiction. For some people, it may be hard to know when their gambling is getting out of control.
This course explores the traps that a slow increase in gambling habits can form such as missing family time and events when trying to win back losses. These actions can create problems with relationships and disconnection from friends.
The course provides some strategies to overcome gambling addiction including contacting support lines, associations such as Gamblers Anonymous or seeking support from a counsellor or psychologist. Identifying and admitting the problem are key steps in recovery.
Course length: 3 mins (3 mins video)
- Certificate of completion
- All content can be customised
- Teaches coping strategies and recommends where to seek help
- Uses storytelling and follows a character’s experiences
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript