Fire Wardens have both proactive and reactive duties. Their main proactive responsibility is to prevent a fire from breaking out by mitigating fire hazards. Their main reactive fire responsibility is to undertake a fast evacuation according to your workplace’s procedures for the safety of everyone.
This course explains the importance of developing an emergency plan and emergency procedures. Fire Wardens must help to prevent emergencies, instruct workers on how to respond in an emergency and guide them to the assembly area. They need to check that everyone has arrived safely and assist people with special needs, for example, those in wheelchairs.
This training also teaches about fire emergencies and explains the 6 classes of fire to determine which fire extinguisher to use when it’s safe to put out small fires. And, how to use a fire blanket.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the main proactive and reactive duties of a fire warden.
- Understand what to include in the Emergency Plan.
- Learn how to be ready for an emergency.
- Understand your duties during an emergency and the evacuation process.
- Learn how to guide and assist others during an emergency evacuation.
- Understand the reporting responsibilities after the return to work.
- Understand which fire extinguisher to use according to the 6 classes of fire.
- Learn the fire extinguishers to use to put out fires from wood, paper or fabric.
- Learn the fire extinguishers to use to put out flammable liquid fires.
- Learn the fire extinguisher to use to put out flammable gas and chemical fires.
- Learn the fire extinguishers to use to put out an electrical fire.
- Learn the fire extinguisher to use to put out a fire from cooking oils.
- 13. Learn how to safely use a fire balnket.
Course length: 12 mins (7-minute animated and subtitled video + 11 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English and US Spanish.