Jobs come and go and job insecurity can lead to financial stress. During downturns, many workers are made redundant, have their hours reduced and competition for positions is high.
This course explores the stress around job insecurity and the strain that places on personal finances. It looks at discretionary spending, impulse buying and taking on loans to pay for holidays and big-ticket items.
The course provides strategies that include postponing spending, planning before you purchase and setting aside money in a rainy day fund. Recommendations involve making a detailed budget, getting personal debt under control and speaking with a Financial Planner.
Course length: 3 mins (3 mins video)
- Certificate of completion
- All content can be customised
- Teaches coping strategies and recommends where to seek help
- Uses storytelling and follows a character’s experiences
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript