When conducting a field service for a truck breakdown, workers are often working alongside a live traffic lane. In most cases, the worker is working alone when they are called out for heavy mobile equipment break downs.
In this course, we train how to conduct this work safely so that workers don’t place themselves at risk of coming into contact with moving vehicles. The course also covers aspects of mechanical maintenance work out in the field as a mobile maintenance technician.
Workers will often be working alone and in remote areas. It is important that they understand how to work safely as a lone worker. The course also covers the risks to safety while working alone on mobile maintenance duties.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn how to apply the Safety Hierarchy of Controls to address workplace hazards.
- Learn how to protect themselves when setting up demarcated work areas on the road.
- Learn how to safely place the service vehicle when conducting maintenance work in the field.
- Learn how to safely transport and store chemicals and clean up a spill and dispose of the waste in the correct spill kit.
- Learn how to safely access and egress from the service vehicle and maintain 3 points of contact.
- Learn how to correctly place wheel chocks to prevent unintended movement and vehicle roll away.
- Learn how to safely manually lift materials using the correct lifting technique.
- Understand the importance of keeping the flashing beacon operating while conducting maintenance work on a vehicle on the side of the road.
- Learn how to protect themselves from UV exposure hazards and understand the signs of heat stress.
- Recognise the signs of fatigue and fatigue management strategies.
- Understand the hazards associated with remote working and the importance of establishing communication and check-ins.
Course length: 30 mins (11 x 1-minute animated and subtitled videos + short answer assessments)
- Includes a panoramic scene and hazard spotting game
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.