Losing your job is one of the most stressful life experiences, and so it makes sense that living with job insecurity can feel unsettling, worrying, and sometimes downright nerve-wracking. While losing your job or having your hours cut substantially may be out of your control, the good news is that you can control how you respond to the situation.
This course provides employees who are worried that they may lose their job in a downturn with practical steps that can prepare them as well as to cope with rising stress levels. The training focuses on ways to manage emotions to get through stressful times.
The training promotes maintaining a structured daily routine, good self-care and keeping up human contact and connections. It recommends sorting out personal finances to help to manage stress levels in a downturn and meeting with a financial counsellor or accountant to plan how to manage in tighter times.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn how to cope with rising stress levels when they fear they will lose their job.
- Understand the need to maintain a structured daily routine if they lose their job to support their emotions and mood.
- Learn how to maintain meaning and purpose and self-soothing strategies.
- Learn some practical steps they can take in the event they lose their job.
Course length: 5 mins (4-minute animated and subtitled video)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Teaches coping strategies and recommends where to seek help
- Uses storytelling and follows a character’s experiences
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.