It’s very important to set up the workstation so that it is ergonomically friendly and doesn’t place a strain on our body. Poorly set-up workspaces place stress on our joints.
This course trains step-by-step how to set up a desk, monitor, keyboard and mouse, chair and footrest to provide ergonomically friendly workspaces. The course provides measurements of how to place equipment, discusses lighting requirements and recommends taking regular breaks to stretch and reduce sitting time.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn how to set up their workstation to ensure the body’s joints are correctly aligned.
- Learn the correct desk height and depth.
- Learn how to correctly set up an office chair to ensure good posture that eliminates back, arm, should and neck strain.
- Learn how to set up their computer and monitor/s to ensure correct posture.
- Understand the need to provide bright natural light and reduce glare and shadows.
- Learn how to use the phone so that it doesn’t place a strain on their head and neck.
Course length: 7 mins (5-minute animated and subtitled video + 4 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English and US Spanish.