Emotional intelligence (EQ) is the ability to recognise, regulate, understand and influence emotions, both in yourself and in others.
This course looks at eight areas to improve emotional intelligence skills to help those in leadership roles to better manage their teams.
- Actively Listen
- Social Skills
- Conflict Resolution
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand what emotional intelligence is and the benefits to having high EQ.
- Learn 8 steps to improve their EQ.
- Understand how to become more self-aware.
- Learn how to regulate their emotions to mindfully respond to stressful situations.
- Learn how to develop empathy to support their teams.
- Understand the importance of actively listening to build empathy, connection and trust.
- Learn how adaptability and flexibility assist when situations change.
- Learn how to build their social skills.
- Understand how high EQ can assist conflict resolution.
- Learn why reflecting on past practices helps to build emotional intelligence.
Course length: 12 mins (10-minute animated and subtitled video + 6 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of Completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.
This course is suitable for use in Australia, the UK, Europe, the US, and all countries that adhere to OSHA and HSE requirements.