Leaders, managers and supervisors must be able to balance time constraints and a heavy workload while managing other employees and projects. This requires effective communication skills. Good communicators use listening techniques and nonverbal strategies to improve their conversations.
This course presents the barriers to effective communication and strategies to use to make communication more effective. The course discusses distractions and the problems of multitasking, body language, active listening and confirming that messages are received and understood.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the actions to take to ensure effective communication.
- Learn how to make sure the message is clear.
- Learn to keep the message simple and concise.
- Understand the effect that the physical environment or personal issues may have on communication.
- Learn about body language and how it can affect how a message is delivered and received.
- learn that effective communication is more about listening than talking.
Course length: 10 mins (7-minute animated and subtitled video + 5 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English and French.