Working at height in commercial construction environments exposes workers to a fall risk almost every day. The construction environment is a busy one with several trades and contractors working alongside each other.
This course looks at all aspects of fall risks and trains how to work safely at height. Fall arrest equipment, harnesses, barricades and railing are all discussed to ensure workers know how to protect themselves from fall from height risks.
A commercial construction environment includes a large number of workers navigating around the site at the one time and this activity increases the risk of a fall. There is often machinery and powered mobile plant in operation, including cranes and trucks. This course includes training around these hazards.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Learn how to apply the Safety Hierarchy of Controls to address workplace hazards.
- Recognise slip and trip hazards and learn how to keep the site clean to reduce the risk of a fall.
- Learn about holes and penetrations in floors, roofs and other surfaces that can lead to a fall to the level(s) below.
- Learn about edge protection such as perimeter scaffolding and work positioning systems.
- Understand edge protection requirements such as guard rails, mid-rails and toe-board positioning.
- Understand how to safely use a ladder for work at height.
- Learn about fall arrest systems, safety harnesses, anchor points, and lanyards including free-fall distances.
- Learn how to safely work around suspended loads including travel paths and drop zones.
- Learn the danger of falling tools and dropped objects and materials.
- Learn about safe access and egress from platforms, ladders and trestles and how to maintain height equipment.
- Understand the fall zone and the hazards in the areas around the site, for example, when working on a roof.
Course length: 30 mins (8 x 1-minute animated and subtitled videos + short answer assessments)
- Includes a panoramic scene and hazard spotting game
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.